Thursday, January 9, 2014

update/correction/second thoughts

I blogged recently about the shocking and un-professional spectacle which occurred when three so-called professional in-home care-givers began to argue amongst themselves in front of my elderly parents.


During that conversation (a polite word for it) they completely ignored my parents, who were  the reason why they were here at all.


I now believe that the problem was largely due to a lie told by one of the participants in the conversation.  She would rather lie than admit that she'd made a mistake.


Unfortunately, this is an indication of her policy (or character flaw) not merely a one-time error.  The individual suffers from a propensity to lord it over others wherever the opportunity arises.  Having been "low man on the totem pole" for so many years, it seems that this person knows no other way to be.  She is like that man who gets shit on by his boss, and then goes home to kick the dog.  Having seen her "superiors" lie or supress reality in order to get their way, she imitates them.  She is unfree in that she can't imagine anything else than what they do.


This corrects a previous entry in which I suggested that the cause of the dispute was competition between two capitalist for-profit companies.  (Even if they are officialy 'not for profit',  the pathologies of the for profits transfer to the not for profits.)


I have heard her speaking to my mother---lecturing her, reproving her as if she (my mother) were the employee of the "care"-giver.


It is a sick situation.  My mother and father deserve care.  They deserve help. The people who visit them in their home are exploited by an inefficient and unjust system of apportioning medical care.  But a frustrated care-worker should not transmit her frustrations to elderly people (or anyone else, even me.)


I'm pissed off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment