Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Capitalism's latest crisis

I'd like to start this post with an acerbic quotation from Marx, on the virtues of capitalists, their deservingness, and their blindness, but I'm not enough of a scholar for that.


My mother and father have memories of the Great Depression.  They have spoken of it.


And I regard it as a momentous fact that now, when they are elderly, so elderly and frail, that the system has, once again, broken down in a serious way.  And, once again, my parents and their family are under attack and threatened by something so stone cold stupid.


It's just too cruel.  They've only barely recovered from the last time the bankers and money-hoarders ruined the lives of millions.  And, even to say they have recovered would be a lie.  They have lived their lives with strong memories of the dislocation and pain inflicted upon them as children by this less-than-efficient and worse than cruel economic system. 



No comments:

Post a Comment