Sunday, December 30, 2012

Idiots in eptx

What do these creatures think? Do they think at all? Are they drunk or stoned all of the time? Possible answers: Yes, I know that my dog makes squealing noises like a pig---- for three or four hours at a time........But, the kids love it. ...... Or, I love it. Yes my dog was squealing for literally hours, but, it is my dog and my yard, so fuck off!

Or, Yes, my dog barks intermittently throughout the entire day (and night), or even sometimes for hours non- stop, but I couldn't care less. I am inside watching the idiot box.

Or, I thought my neighbors were all deaf. It is my god damn yard, and I am frustrated with my life, so this is the one thing I can do that makes me feel important. I am deaf, and did not realize that my dog was barking for hours at a time.

 Yes, I saw his jaws moving, but I thought he was speaking, probably reciting poetry in a doggy style, but softly, too quitly to be heard. I have to have a barking dog for the same reason I have to own a pick up truck and a small house with a fence around it: that is the only way to live. Ownership of a barking dog proves I am human, and civilized. It shows that my life is successful. If I did not own a barking dog, I would feel bad, odd, a social outcast. My friends might say to me: What is wrong with you? Why dont you have a dog?

 Or, what is wrong with your dog? Why doesnt he bark? Dont you know a house is not really a home unless it has at least one dog out in the yard barking all the time?

But, the explanation is really much simpler: El Pasoans are assholes.

Recommended reading:
  http://jnls.cup.org/abstract.do?componentId=7950509&jid=THI

I have cut and pasted the abstract and publication information below; but, first, a brief comment:

  My take on it: even owning a pet has undesirable consequences--consequences which most people would prefer to ignore. (Cf. the continuing squandering of resources on advertising pushing the obsolete technology, the climate-destroying personally piloted vehicle.............as if there were no climate change.) A fundamental principle of morality and healthy peasant reason is: you've got to think about the consequences of your action. That fundamental idea is shit upon everyday by corporations and politicians---so, is it a surprise if ordinary people give in to the tendency to close their eyes?
I suppose stupidity can be the product of demoralization and "discipline" in the workplace.  (Your job can make you stupid!)

What follows below has been cut and pasted:

Think (2011), 10: 105-108 Copyright © The Royal Institute of Philosophy 2011 doi: 10.1017/S1477175610000448
Published online: Dec 2010 Research Article ARE DOGS THE NEW HUMMER?
by Margaret Betz:

Pet adoption from an animal rescue shelter would seem to be one of those indisputable things in life that only increases a person's positive karma. Kant spoke of morality residing in a good will and pure intention; saving a dog from being euthanized by providing it with a loving, secure home seems the living embodiment of that. Or so it would seem.

Margaret Betz is an adjunct philosophy professor at Rutgers University and West Chester University in America. She is the author of The Hidden Philosophy of Hannah Arendt and various articles on continental philosophy, feminist theory, and animal ethics. Diotima121@aol.com

2 comments:

  1. Ipad is shit for typing .--- and for this Chinese have to be exploited?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/business/ieconomy-apples-ipad-and-the-human-costs-for-workers-in-china.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

    ReplyDelete