Sunday, February 17, 2013

memory-mix

Warning Label:
Memories mix. They blend.  People mix.  They blend. 
 I cannot always be sure who said what. 
--- But, usually, I think I know what I think.
 

I seem to recall,
that a student told me,
when I asked,
that "No", he really didn't like,
a certain economist,
because she liked or supported or was somehow positive toward
Labor Unions,
which an economist was not supposed to do.

And around about the same time,
I seem to recall,
the same student launched a defense of Capitalism,
on the grounds that during the 1960's or thereabouts,
it was doing quite well.

And, later I recalled,
that during the 1960's or thereabouts,
workers had enjoyed relatively full-employment and other benefits,
which mostly came about through the efforts of Labor Unions,
or what you might call a struggle between Labor and Capital......

No comments:

Post a Comment