Wednesday, August 31, 2011

eptx insanity

Is it pleasant to have ice cold air blowing in your face?
Offhand, I would think not. However, the behavior of the residents of this
benighted place suggests otherwise.

How many times have I seen a Texan stand face-to-face with a cooling
device blowing freezing cold air, and smile, while making sounds that in my experience
would be better left to the confines of a darkened bedroom?

It is a mystery to me why they do it.
I find blowing freezing cold air unpleasant.

Moreover, I continue to be amazed by the lack of humidity in the air.
One does not sweat here. However, the locals seem to be unaware of that fact.
Most distressing is the extremely demonstrative behavior of local dandies and pampered
teenagers: should one drop of sweat form on their brow, they immediately begin a complicated ritual of
whining and fanning the air---protesting as if their fundamental human rights had been violated!

I call upon the gods and goddesses: Please come down, and sweep me away from this miserable place!
Or, better yet, I call upon a healthy fair goddess whose name I have yet to learn: would you be so kind as to remove me from this field of battle? I can promise any number of burnt offerings in the future..... (I would even welcome a visit by an angel with a sword......provided she does quick work....)

No comments:

Post a Comment