Tuesday, October 30, 2012

a curious reversal

Often I've heard astonishment, "Why would you, an American, come to live amongst us?"
But yesterday, I heard something new, "Oh, you're from New Jersey?  You're escaping the storm!"

For outright bold-faced arrogance Mayor Bloomberg deserves an award.  This morning I read how he blamed residents of NYC for not following his orders.  You could almost paraphrase his remarks:  "If they had only done what I told them to and evacuated...."

Yeah, right.

Elderly people can just sprout wings and fly away.

Odd how a poor little country like Cuba does a better job of evacuating people than the Masters of the Universe.......  (At any rate, this was the case several years ago, and I have no reason to believe that the situation has changed.)

Man the lifeboats.
And woman them too.
But as for you,
You're in my way.......

No comments:

Post a Comment